MOST IMPORTANT IN HELPING KIDS WHO HAVE PARENTS WITH MS:
- Be open. Answer their questions honestly.
- Don’t volunteer information they have not requested.
- Make sure they understand that you can’t “catch” MS and that the disease itself will NOT kill you.
- Involve them in as many things you do as possible and involve yourself in as many of their activities as possible.
- If you have questions about something they have asked or done, get help from 1 of the many organizations that are out there to help.
- REMEMBER: When 1 person in the family is diagnosed with MS, the whole family is affected.
- Too many parents think their children are fine but from the number of people I have met, THAT IS NOT TRUE.
- They are kids and they pick up on everything.
You are the parent. Help them.